Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hello u fucks,

I'm planning to finish my very first album soon. By the end of the year i'll have 15 carefully written songs, all with their own hooks to be narrowed down to a 11 song long album. Then I'll see where it takes me.

I dont like describing my songs. They way the industry works is by pigeon-holing u into an existing music templates. I would like to describe my songs simply as guitar rock. I write using my guitar and most of the noise u here are derived from it.

I use a simple lo-fi method of recording. I use my laptop, Sonar Cakewalk soft ware, a line-6 POD live xt for preamplification, shure microphone for me vox and alot of shit trips to the loo to organise melodies conjured from my dreams. I do dream in songs and colour.

Music, melody is really the easy part for me. What's hard is writing the words to the melodies. When i first started song writing, my lyrics sounded like stuff which i always thought was uncool and lame. Mr E told me to be more honest when it comes to words. So nowadays i just open up and have my rhyming dictionary in hand to facilitate the process. I write about teenaged social knots, yeah i'm no longer a teenager, fuck i'm no longer a young adult, i'm an adult. It's easier for the head (mine) and i think there's alot to write about.

I tried a protest song. it's nothing complicated but the message is universal. Universal to any country which is ruled by cheats.

I also wrote about falling in love with my best friends girlfriend. This is something many bastards could relate to if they cant find their own girlfriends.

I wanna write about love. I'm currently so in love now. I've got so many things to write about but unfortunately i'm left with gothic, dark riffy songs with early depeche mode melodie's to sing over. hope i can get everything together and fly with a dark love song.

i still play at Paul's place or now known as Gigger's Art Cafe. It's fun for me being there because i have the flexibility to do whatever fuck i want.

there that's my latest posting.

Fuck you

4 Comments:

Blogger chocpot said...

hey u forgot to describe that song re workin during the wkd..
end of the year is more or less a month away so multiple those shit trips :p

6:18 AM  
Blogger blogger said...

been following your blog for a couple of months now. i think it's great that you've taken to your friend's advise (phil...?) and found another girl to hop on top of! heck, how often do you fall in love since you are "currently" in love now...

2:00 AM  
Blogger Lan said...

hey blogger, I dont like what you're trying to imply here because the person who i'm in love with reads my blog often as well. I'm not the type of person who's confused about the meaning of love and lust, i'm not an adolescent. If what i predict about your motive is is correct, FUCK OFF. I dont care if you stop reading my blog.
Phil is just a kind old friend of mine who was just trying to lift my spirits. What he was really trying to say, you cock sucker, is that i shouldnt piss and moan about the past after being broken hearted and I should get on with my life. As a 30 year old, it's not a new thing for me to firgure out but sometimes you just need that obvious reminder/advise from people close in your life because broken heartedness can be a life sucking thing.

There you go fucker. Pls stop reading my blog ok? I'm not a nice guy to judgemental strangers and I wish i could just smack you on your faggoty arse for being so cibai

12:04 AM  
Blogger Lan said...

Chocpot,

Work On Sundays is quite lost as a song. It's one of those oblique songs with cool melodies but the song writer is just not eloquent enough to put meaningful lyrics so he choses a 'wanting to be smart' theme.

The subject of love is easier because i think the more vague the lyrics are the less cheesier the song is. If the love theme is written over dark melodies, it would tend to sound cool.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home