Monday, October 09, 2006

Hi Friends,

I've been back in kerteh since last week except for the weekend when i was back in KL.

Probably U all might remember that i mentioned about my pannick attacks i had. I've been weening myself of xanax (which helped me) because i think i've somewhat improved since coming back to KL.

However I notice myself starting to feel slight anxiety when I came back to the kerteh site office.

Anxiety Attacks
A friend of mine from the O&G industry told me about her anxiety attacks. She was assigned to Sudan for 3 months and told me she had a horrible time trying to work there. Over there she constantly worried about her kids back home and worried about work as well and that resulted in her anxiety attacks. Contrary to what I used to believe, anxiety attacks have got nothing to do with blood pressure. She in fact has low blood pressure. I always thought that my anxiety attacks was actually hi BP. And no my BP during the worse case was border line, i dont suffer from hypertension.

She explained that anxiety attacks are caused by prolonged exposure to stressful environment which lowers ones stress treshold. ONce this natural stress treshold is lowered to a certain level, it doesnt take that much for pannick attacks/ anxiety attacks to occur. For my case, it was so bad I started getting pannick attacks upon opening my laptop in the morning at work. i try to fight it but once i get phone calls about work, i start feeling anxious... Rimas.. It's a feeling of wanting to escape. I tried stepping out of the office and looking at green things to calm my self down. It worked but not for long. Praying also worked but as soon as I get into the thick of action, I get anxious again.

It's nothing to be ashamed of admitting that u get pannick attacks. In this fast paced world we live in, all the stress and strains of work life does take it's toll on some people like me. That's how all these massage spas, relaxation centres are popping up like mushrooms in KL.. people do need these kind of things to relax. As for my case, I let it get to me to the point where i couldnt function.

However i have to say that what i did was only taking care of the symptoms. what i should be doing is getting to the root of my anxiety problems. I should repair the causes of anxiety. The doctor told me usually people who are perfectionist get anxiety attacks (cewah). People who are disorganised also get anxiety attacks.I should be more organised, i should also trust people who i work with and try to delegate my work. I should also get myself a girlfriend to release the tension! haha. and most importantly i need to fucking get it in my thick skull that all this is JUST A JOB!!!

IT'S JUST A FUCKING JOB

ciao

1 Comments:

Blogger penjaga meter said...

indeed its just a job ...with a cool bonus..hahahhahaa

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home