Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hey music lovers.

I'm performing in an acoustic set this friday night thanks to the persuasive powers of Mr Eddie and Miss Tasha Leek at Paul's Place, Jalan Klang Lama. Thanks also to my boss who told me to stay put in KL for the rest of the week to watch him present our project to Tan Sri on Friday morning. My setlist would be as follows:

1) Smelly Pillow Ballad
2) Rival/My Arrival
3) One thing(new)
4) Work On Sundays (new)
5) When I get Older
6) Only Young Once
7) Wurthering Heights (Kate Bush)

The reason for song no (7) is my recent fascination for Kate Bush. According to Mr Eddie, Kate Bush is the world's first gothic singer. From my research on the net, Kate Bush was a teenage singer/songwriter in the 70s who had a collection of over 2000 songs by the age of 18! She writes songs on the piano and was discovered by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd in the mid 70s. Of course I've always liked songs with complicated chord progressions eversince the days I discovered Soundgarden. I cant write songs with such sophistication simply because I'm not good enough and I dont play the piano. Chris Cornell, of Soundgarden fame wrote on the piano and his only solo album effort, Euphoria Morning, reeks of Kate Bush gothic influence.

I really enjoy listening to 'Wurthering heights' and it's currently on heavy rotation on my I-pod. My problem now is how to sing the chorus line which goes "Heathcliff, I'm Cathy i've come home and it's cold let me into your window". I can't sing this line because in case you havent noticed yet, I have a penis. My first thoughts of improvisation is by singing "Siti, It's Lan, I've come home and I'm sweaty let me into your punani". If i cant convincingly improvise on this song i'd gladfully sing a cover of Paula Abdul's "Cold Hearted Snake" as it's very relevant to my recent going-ons with someone with the same attributes.

What do u guys think? Anyway, anyone who's reading this, u're invited to watch me sing. I will be smoking as much Marlboro Lights as I possibly can so that I can get the smoky rock kapak ramli sarip growl in my gulung parts. I've got a very puny telorless voice and the smoking would prolly help.

Ciao!

3 Comments:

Blogger jumpingondbandwagon said...

bro all the best for your gig.

11:06 PM  
Blogger chocpot said...

gig? so how did it go?

9:08 PM  
Blogger Lan said...

it wasnt really a gig. It was just me singing with my guitar. if u're interested i'll be doing it again this friday night at the same place! contact me for the directions there aight?

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home