Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hello muppets,

i'd like your attention on the new link i've included here in my blog. It takes you the the Gigger's Art Cafe myspace which tells you about the venue of my weekly solo performances. it's got the map to the place, a few pictures which will hint u on wat to expect to see there. They even posted the gig guide which tells u the up-n-coming acts playing there for next 2 months, i think. U'll notice that i'll be playing a solo acoustic set there everying friday for some reason they described me as acoustic,alternative-pop,nu-wave act, which is quite a mouthful. And they included the cafe menu so that u can plan ahead what u want to eat once u get there ?!? does anybody do that? hihi

So ignore my previous posting telling u that i'd post the map to Gigger's Art Cafe (Paul's Place). I wont. Wat u should do is go straight to that link if u wanna know the venue's where abouts and if u wanna catch me sing live.

What I really plan to do there is to practice getting a hold of the crowd's attention for the whole of my setlist. From the 2 times I've played over there, i noticed that some of the other act's crowd/supporters bugger off as soon as their band/act they want to see finish performing. That's just totally against the spirit of music man. So stay put because some of the better acts come around a bit later. If u happen to see me play first, stay around for abit and order some snacks because so it's worth checking out the raw talents at this place.I think eddie and tasha will put me first in the list from now on because they know i get annoyed when people ciao when it's my turn to play. Last week i Started cussing at some people in the crouwd from the stage because they started to bugger off before my set just because their band/the band they support is done. Maybe they feel embarrassed to hang around after damaging the ear drums of all who were there but they shouldnt be rude and leave me there feeling like they dont like my face. I tried to pretend i enjoyed their sorry excuse for a band's performance before me, why cant they reciprocate and listen to my orignal tunes i worked so hard on? The next time someone/group does that I'll try to pick a fight. I'll throw a bottle at anyone who leaves when i'm about to get started and hopefully can pick a real fight from there. Yeah I'm going to throw a 1-2 combination at anyone leaving before I start so that's my warning, just joking!

Anyway, I hope gigger's art cafe shall grow from strength to strength from now. I've seen how hard my friends Miss Tasha, Mr Eddie, Mr Ayed have worked to make the place happen. Oh God, they deserve a big break.

Well i dont have a set list for next friday's show but my promise is to sing a new song every week.

Tomorrow i'll be spending a few days at the east coast for work and hopefully I get inspired to write meaningful words to the melodies i hear ringing in my ears. I hope for inspiration from the long sandy beaches of Kerteh.

So please come and see me perform.

To Nad and Mr T (i'm not sure if nad is fine if i mention his full name) thanks for your support. And pls come again next week. Nad, bring some cute hot sexy girls from your workplace as well for me to stare at when I'm singing. I'm tired of looking at the walls when i'm playing. Tell them I might do a strip tease (for the girls and for gays too; but I'm straight as a ruler,i'm a woman's man, if u dont believe me ask your mother/sister!) to colour things up abit.

Till the next time. Take care my friends!

Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger penjaga meter said...

so bila kau nak tolong aku ngan lagu lagu aku pulak.. dammit.. i gotta start somewhere man...

6:04 PM  
Blogger jumpingondbandwagon said...

kewl bro bet u rocked the house. Hope one of these days i can come and watch ur live perfomance.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lan said...

Adrie,

Try getting sonar cakewalk software, at imbi it's prolly RM10.. U can start there bro.. just record whatever u like then we can actually exchange recorded files. Then the collaboration can begin.

Chai,

I'll be singing there every friday. Be sure u catch me there one of these days!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home