Monday, September 04, 2006

Frozen in the place I hide
Not afraid to paint my sky with
Some who say I've lost my mind
Brother try and hope to find
You were always so far away
I know that pain so don't you run away
Like you used to doRoses in a vase of white
Bloodied by the thorns beside the leaves
That fall because my hand is pulling them hard as I can
You were always so far away
I know that pain
and I won't run awayLike I used to do
Pictures in a box at home
Yellowing and green with mold
So I can barely see your face
Wonder how that color taste
You were always so far away
I know the way so don't you run away
Like you used to doLike you used to do

THis is not mine. It's by the late Layne Staley of Alice in Chains fame. Absolutely beautiful. an ode to his brother actually.. Way before the heroin addiction. god given talent

Xanax and Lexapro is getting me off the other shit that only worsens my anxiety. and it feels good! if only i can write like this. Daus says i'm very direct in my writing. there's no better way for me to write. I cant get the message across without being direct. I blame it on the malaysian education system. how was I to learn any poetry when Mrs Tan (i think that's her name, fuck where has my memory gone??) gave me 1000 add maths questions for home work everday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home